Wesley Berry Flowers in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina - Terrible and then some

2.0

I ordered flowers online, when I went to the cart to pay there was extra money for delivery and handling that was not specified, I called to cancel and they told me I couldn't but would give me a future discount, told them I wasn't interested, then they wanted to give me a $50.00 future coupon for flowers and $15.00 credit, asked them just to credit my card and wouldn't do it, they charged me anyway and I never got the flowers. I have emailed them and called them but to no avail, they won't even respond to their own survey that they ask you to fill out. Dishonest is too good for them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Customer Care.

I didn't like: Never delivered, Customer service, Sales person, Did not deliver what was ordered, Not refunded.

Wesley Berry Flowers in Rocky Mount, North Carolina - Simple Review #1466041360

Turnaround Time

Never delivered my order but took my money. Angry and upset.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: That i could only call into a call center.

Wesley Berry Flowers in Seattle, Washington - Thoughtful Gestures Fruit Basket

Quality of product was not as described on the website. Product #WBF 01846.

I paid $85.39 the product description stated the fruit basket would have a wood chipped basket, with green taffeta ribbon. The fruit pictured was supposed to be pineapple, apples, oranges, bananas, pears, and other seasonal fruit. This purchase was for my children's wedding anniversary. Instead they received a basket that looked like a fast food fish and chip basket, with bruised, overripe, undersized fruit.

I was embarrassed when my daughter sent me the below photo. I called Wesley Berry Flowers(twice) about this order, I was offered $20 off.

I don't want a reduction in cost, I want a Thoughtful Gestures Fruit Basket resent as depicted on their website. Thank You!

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Thoughtful Gestures Fruit Arrangement.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

Chelsea, Alabama, United States #1179265

Unfortunately, WB isn't a real florist, but a sending only call center that only takes orders based on photos they use from other websites. What they advertise most likely cannot be replicated by a real florist for the money they are wired over one of the wire services a real florist pays to have the use of.

Most real florists will not deal with these call centers and although what you received didn't look anything like what you ordered, it was what the real florist could put in the basket for the money they received.

Be wary of these so called local florists. They all advertise as being local but aren't and some even advertise in local yellow pages. WB is only one of many of these sending only call centers, FTD and Teleflora being two of the others.

These centers cannot guarantee you anything.

They can't guarantee there will be a florist in the area you are sending flowers or gift baskets who will keep the order.

Of the florists that do keep these orders, they use the second choice sent to them, which is "FILL TO VALUE... SIMILAR IS OK!!!!!!!!" (written exactly like that)

I've worked in the floral industry for over 20 years and I can tell you that these sending only call centers are the bane of the industry.

Wesley Berry Flowers in Chewelah, Washington - No flowers Santa Cruz then Hollister California

Chewelah, Washington

I ordered flowers for my sister in the hopital in Santa Cruz, CA on a Tuesday WITH SAME DAY DELIVERY. She went home on Thursday - no flowers.

Then they insist on delivering to her house just outside of Hollister. They showed up a week and a day from the date of the order and they THREW THEM OVER THE FENCE IN A BOX AND LEFT. In addition to the bouquet, they charge a shipping service $12.99, handling $ 4.99 and sales fee of $9.34. It was a rip off but I so wanted my Sis to have the flowers right away.

When I called customer service, I get someone whose primary language is NOT ENGLISH.

I could hardly understand a word. ***!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Same Day Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Wesley Berry Flowers - Not a real florist!

Just some general information to help you out when choosing to order from these "sending only call centers."

WB is one of many of these call centers. All of them offer arrangements at "sale" prices that a real florist cannot create for the amount of money they receive over the wire services. In my part of the world, there are three wire services that florists can choose to participate in. Teleflora's Dove system, FTD's Mercury system and 1800flowers Bloomnet system. Real florists have to pick and choose between the orders they receive over these wire services because they pay high fees in order to be part of these services. Most orders from these call centers arrive for less money than the florists minimum to deliver, and they also have to take their delivery cost out of that total because there is none included. Basically, what you paid just for the flower arrangement is the only money sent to a real florist, no matter how many extras you paid. AND... these call centers cannot guaratee you that they can get the order accepted somewhere, much less guarantee you that it will be delivered when you ask.

When you see a bouquet advertised at a markdown to the $29.99 range, this is when a real florist will not keep the order. They would be out of business fast. Some struggling florists may choose to keep these orders, but WB always says on the order that prints, "FILL TO VALUE, SIMILAR IS OK!!!!!!!!" (Yes, that many !) It's also why WB and other sending only call centers cannot find a florist in the area where you wanted flowers delivered. It's not that there aren't any there, they just do not keep orders that would quickly put them out of business. Okay, yes, you can run to the grocery store or Walmart, Target, etc., and pick up a cheap bouquet, for less money, but these kinds of stores buy in bulk because they have many, many stores across the country and get the discounts. Florists rely on their local wholesalers, and believe me, flowers are not cheap. When a florist buys a bunch of roses for $30, they can't afford to put them in a $29.99 bouquet.

Also, when you see a picture of a bouquet online or even in one of the books offered at a real florist through Teleflora, FTD or Bloomnet, unless that book is filled with pictures that the real florists has done and advertises to its customers, then what you see in that photo is ALL of the flowers that are included in that bouquet. Most all of those arrangements come in either a 6" or 7" vase, but these online call centers will not tell you that.

Your best option is to always contact your local florist. The problem with search engines is that the first 5-6 that show up, and sometimes more, are these call centers. They advertise as local florists making you think they are right where you need them to be. WB has a location in Commerce Township, Michigan. Teleflora is in Los Angeles, California. In other words, none of them are local florists unless you happen to live in the city they are located. Scroll down the search page until you see listings that have addresses and local phone numbers, as most florists have dropped their 800 lines. Most people have cell phones these days. Also be mindful of your local yellow pages as Just Flowers and FTD advertise in mine. They also advertise on funeral home websites, Facebook, other online community sites, etc. Real florists will not be advertising everywhere you look.

Here's a short list of other sending only call centers that you can choose to use or not, but if you do use, choose carefully and always expect that the crossed out regular price of the standard bouquet is what a real florist will need in order to create that bouquet.

Sending only call centers: Just Flowers, From You Flowers, FTD, Teleflora, Wesley Berry Flowers, Kim's Florist in Irvine, CA., Blooms Today, The Sympathy Store, Avas Flowers. There are more out there to be wary of, but as with all things research is key to finding the right thing for you at the time you need it.

ALWAYS look up any business with the word complaints following it. If there is a bad rep to be found this is a sure fire way of locating it.

I've worked in the floral industry for the past 20 years and can tell you that these call centers have been a thorn in our side for years. We don't deal with most of the call centers and only keep orders we feel we can create for the money they send us. I hope this is informative enough to help everyone.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Arrangement.

Wesley Berry Flowers in Maricopa, Arizona - Simple Review #1465535503

Turnaround Time

Awful!!!! Complete bait and switch.

Spent $90 on flowers that showed up in plastic with no vase!!

Looked nothing like the picture. Absolute fraud.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Flowers.

Wesley Berry Flowers in Phoenix, Arizona - Disappointed

2.4
Turnaround Time

Placed an order for the Birthday Choice Bouquet today and added 3 mylar balloons. The order arrived on time to my office where they were delivered to a co-worker however there were no balloons and the flower arrangement was the tiniest most pathetic arrangement I have ever seen...for the money...$37.99 (see attached picture, it's smaller than a 12oz bottle of water, would you spend $55.97 on that?

Includes shipping & handling) I am now on the phone with Customer Service, have been for 15-minutes attempting to get a refund for the balloons. I was offered an in store credit and requested a refund to my credit card and then I was offered another in store credit with a portion refunded to my card. What is up with that? Just refund me for the product that I was charged for and didn't receive!

I was transferred and was been told my card will be refunded.

We'll see. Will definitely not order from them again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Birthday Choice Bouquet.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Wesley Berry Flowers in Leland, North Carolina - MAJOR RIP-OFF!!! COMPANY WON'T RESPOND TO E-MAILS!!!

I want to start off by saying that I don't normally complain about things but in this case, I feel it is necessary, as my mother was upset about this. We live in TN and my Grandma (my mom's mother) lived in Hollywood, FL.

Therefore, we weren't familiar with any florists in the area. After hours of internet research, we finally decided on your florist shop and flowers we thought were beautiful. We wanted something extremely nice for my Grandma. I have attached a picture of the flowers we ordered and a picture of the flowers we received.

We even ordered the "exquisite upgrade." First, in the picture, there were 12 roses and 3 pink lilies. What we received had 7 roses and 1 white lily. The background flowers looked yellow instead of white. There was no greenery around the background flowers as shown in the picture and very little greenery extending from the roses and lilies.

The whole thing was very small. The arrangement we received paled in comparison to all the flowers everyone else sent. Needless to say, we were very disappointed.

Now, you may not think this is a big deal, but we were paying tribute to a wonderful mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, & great-great-grandmother, and it was extremely important to all of us that there was something beautiful to represent our love for her. My mother and family will never trust me to order something over the internet again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Arrangement.

Comments

Packed pieces have a starting price in the $175 price range and that is for a 15" heart. The form its in is $40 alone and then it takes about ten bunches of flowers to pack fill it.

The more expensive the flowers used to fill in the background, the more it costs. For hearts larger than 15", they have a starting price anywhere from $299 up, again depending on the kind of flowers used as the pack fill. Whatever WB charged you for the heart was below what any real florist charges for that same item. The filling florist felt they could at least send a smaller version for the amount of money they received from WB, which was probably ONLY what you paid for the bouquet, without all those delivery fees they charged you.

That florist also had to take their delivery out of the total they received over the wire service from WB. They also include a statement on every order they send out: Fill to Value, Similar is OK!!!!!!!! Wesley Berry is one of many sending only call centers and not a real florist. As someone who has worked at a real florist for the past 20 years, I can tell you that these wire centers are the bane of the floral industry.

They advertise as local florists. WB has a location in Commerce Township, Michigan and no others that I'm aware of. One hint to help you choose in a google search is to scroll down the page. Almost every one of the first 5-6 listings are these call centers.

They charge you too many extras that the real florist never receives.

Also, most real florists have websites and will not have every item on their site on sale. Hope this helps.

Wesley Berry Flowers in Chino, California - Simple Review #1464990328

The worst looking flowers... dead upon arrival.

Called to report it and every "customer service rep" supposedly is a supervisor. Typical companies employing people from overseas that cannot help you whatsoever

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Flowers.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Wesley Berry Flowers Delivery Service Review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Turnaround Time

Im so upset. I had flowers delivered to the funeral home today because I live out of town and couldn't make it.

I order flowers over the phone. I SPECIFICALLY asked the woman a number of times, "will the flowers be there by noon?" She said, "yes!" The funeral was at noon the flowers werent delivered until 12:50! If she would have told me they wouldn't get there in time I could have called somewhere else or made arrangements for a family member to go get some flowers to take to the funeral home. I called and spoke with a supervisor who stated they could go pick the flowers up from the funeral home and give me my money back in full.

I stated since this was their mistake (and they admitted to it!) They should discount me my money back in full! And let my family keep the flowers! They said the best they can do was reimburse me $30 and let my family keep the flowers (the funeral home said they would deliver them to their home) are you kidding me right now!? The flowers got there after the funeral was over!

And you cant accommodate me by giving me my money back in full and letting us keep the flowers! Im so upset that y'all didnt give me the accommodation I was asking for since it was your fault!

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.