Wesley Berry Flowers - Do Not Do Business with this SCAM Company!

Turnaround Time

These {{REDACTED}} just sent three emails stating - order Father's Day flowers for my Dad. It's November, Thanksgiving week!!!

He passed away the week prior to Father's Day in 2016. What kind of sick jerks own this freak company anyways? They say they are in the town where you want to send flowers or gifts yet they are not! Your recipient never gets the gift.

Why haven't they been shut down?! Look at all the BAD reviews!

Review about: A Gift.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Wesley Berry Flowers - Misrepresented Dead Flower Arrangement

Turnaround Time

Sent Dead and a totally different flower arrangement to my family members funeral saying they substitute arrangement parts when necessary. In one year of me not giving up on calling and emaiping them they later sent me an email offering a discount for another order with them.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Wesley Berry Flowers - Credit card charged in error

My card was charged for flowers l never ordered. I noticed it on my statement after the 90 day cutoff.

Wes Berry billed my card in error.

Also the person who ordered it got a $70 bouquet free. Nice one!

Review about: Me Nothing Someone Else Did On My Mc.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Wesley Berry Flowers - Undelivered order and horribly rude CS.

645 Griswold St, Detroit, MI 48226, USA 1 comment

I'm so dissatisfied with this business. They made no attempt do deliver the flowers I ordered, now it's been more than one year.

I called and, of course, got the model representative from a foreign country, that could only pronouns a few words in English. I demanded they refund my credit card. They said they would, but they didn't and I could not get an answer after that. So.

I emailed them and received an asinine response. It said, please do not complain about this company or we will not work with you. Now I'm certain they never intended to. So, first thing Tuesday morning, I will charge them with fraud.

This is especially frustrating because a close friend was in the hospital and didn't get the flowers I ordered, I see one web note they had closed their doors, but it appears they may have registered again and reopened fresh. Either way, they owe me $59.75, which in itself was the first problem. The order I made started around 35 dollars, at which time they got my credit card number and then stated that $59.75 had been taken from my account. Freaking rude losers.

BBB and a media team will help get my money back. Wth that, I will close by saying, please, don't throw your money away to this company.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Simply contact your credit card company and request a credit. In circumstances such as this, they will do so.

Wesley Berry Flowers - Bouquet Review

Turnaround Time

Ordered Flowers for delivery. Did not arrive for day ordered.

Compensation was free upgrade bouquet with balloon. Delivered, bouquet was less in quality than what was ordered. No balloon. Called to complain.

Met with attitute. Asked for a supervisor and was hung up on. Sent complaint via website. No response.

Saw my bill, it was in American funds which is not listed on the website. Called again 3 days after my email and was told there was no record of a complaint and too many days had passed to discuss any refunds. Spoke with a supervisor (or just another person) who offered me a 20$ Promo code for my next order.

I managed to negotiate to a 50$ promo code, but I do t really want to use it... because 50$ worth of garbage is still buying garbage.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Trenton, Georgia, United States #1283863

My experience was almost exactly the same! Now their number says disconnected, their facebook page says unavailable as well as their twitter.

The customer service email comes back as undeliverable. They are dishonest and a cheat. If they havent closed down yet I'd be surprised.

Read all these accolades about the owner. If he's so great, he needs to deal with all these issues directly and fix them!

Wesley Berry Flowers - Do not use this company

Turnaround Time

This "company" will 100% scam you and steal from you if you use them. IF your flowers actually do get delivered I guarantee they will not be the flowers you ordered.

Customer service is a joke. If you attempt to call customer service they will give you a bull *** store credit that you'll never be able to or want to use again or they will hang up on you.

If you ask to speak with a supervisor they will put you on hold and never pick up the phone again. This company takes advantage of people and it's not right that they are still in business.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "all of the above" of wesley berry flowers delivery service and associated monetary loss in the amount of $60. Wesley Berry Flowers needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned wesley berry flowers delivery service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Wesley Berry Flowers.

Wesley Berry Flowers - Everyone out there--- fight ! GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!

Staines-Upon-Thames, Surrey 0 comments
Turnaround Time

We have all had the same experience!

I got my money back! I contacted the BBB in their city in Michigan and, when they fluffed me off with a stock answer I insisted some one at the BBB personally explain the AAA rating system when, by their own count, the number of unresolved complaints was in the thousands . The woman there had a difficult time doing so. I forwarded her reply to the names of the Wesley Berry company officers ( all of them) ...they are listed on the company website.

I posted a complaint on their Facebook page ( they took it down soon after).

I complained on this website and sent a copy to the company officers.

I requested a refund from my credit card provider claiming I did not receive my goods and services and sent a copy of that complaint to the officers of the company .

I received my full refund two days later.

You just fight...fight to get your money back. Don't let them get away with it! Good luck! And P.S......always use a credit card ( not debit card) for online orders!

This reviewer shared experience about "all of the above" and wants this business to "refund the money of every single person complaining on this website. and then close your business down completely and get some honest work!" as the author lost $165. This person is overall dissatisfied with Wesley Berry Flowers. The most disappointing about flowers at Wesley Berry Flowers was fact that you are a dishonest company, totally ridiculous and put on hold forever , but reviewer liked pricing. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Wesley Berry Flowers.

Wesley Berry Flowers - Appalling bait-and-switch with horrible symbolism

Suwanee, Georgia 0 comments

I ordered the "Bursting Blushes" bouquet, with the "exquisite upgrade" for mother's day this year. The photo showed a dozen or so red roses with five or six large stargazer lilies.

I also added a mylar balloon. When my mother sent me a thank you note for the bouquet, she took a photo of what was delivered. I was mortified. It was mostly white carnations (which on mother's day signifies that your mother has passed away!

EGAD!!!) with about six small roses. No lilies at all. The "mylar balloon" was about three inches wide and on a stick. A pathetic flower arrangement for my $133.

I know my mother's feelings were hurt and it probably ruined her day to get white carnations.

I tried to contact the company, but their email bounces and their website server times out. Perhaps they have gone out of business.

Good riddance, except that I'll never get compensated for this. Infuriating.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of wesley berry flowers bursting blushes bouquet from Wesley Berry Flowers and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Wesley Berry Flowers to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Wesley Berry Flowers - Ripped Off

San Antonio, Texas 1 comment
Turnaround Time

I ordered flowers online for Mother's Day in 2015 from Flower Delivery Express, Wesley Berry Flowers, 2985 Haggerty, Commerce Charter Township, MI 48390. After completing the payment information and verifying the amounts, I submitted my order.

The invoice generated had a surprise. I was charged a $50 fee to be credited toward my next order. I was not happy. I called the customer service number and reached someone in India.

He said that they were not authorized to give refunds and there was no point in my writing to anyone or talking to a supervisor. I did report this to my local FBI office and to my local police department. I also reported this to the FBI office and police department that serve Commerce Charter Township, Michigan (a suburb of Detroit). I have not received my money back and have received no help from either the FBI or the police.

I'm sure the recovery of $50 is something they don't have time for. So beware.

In the meantime, I keep receiving emails from Flower Delivery Service reminding me that I still have a "credit" of now $51.24. I only look ***.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of cancellation policy. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of wesley berry flowers delivery service and associated monetary loss in the amount of $50. Wesley Berry Flowers needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Staines-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom #1236546

That is astounding! Astounding!

The only word for it is theft! Can't your credit card provider do something !

Wesley Berry Flowers - CLOSED

Milford, Michigan 1 comment

Photo by John Sobczak In the early 1990s, Wesley Berry Flowers saw a growth opportunity not in storefronts but in e-commerce.The 70-year-old Wesley Berry Flowers florist chain is shutting down local company-owned stores.

It's unclear whether FlowerDeliveryExpress.com, the national, online floral business that put Wesley Berry on Inc. magazine's 2014 list of the 5,000 fastest-growing companies in the country, is still operating.

Attempts to order flowers through FlowerDeliveryExpress.com led to an automated message and voicemail box, and messages left were not returned last week.

The company's owner, Wesley Berry II, did not respond to requests for comment.

The Commerce Township-based florist was operating four brick-and-mortar stores in the region: two in Detroit and one each in Commerce Township and West Bloomfield Township.

As of Friday, only its downtown Detroit store in the Penobscot Building and its West Bloomfield store at Orchard Lake and West Maple roads remained open, fulfilling advance orders that had been placed, said Jerry Baker, manager of the downtown Detroit store.

Its original store, which opened in 1946 on Schoolcraft Avenue near Greenfield Road on Detroit's west side, and its Commerce Township location on Haggerty Road north of Pontiac Trail had been shuttered.

Baker said he has orders placed at the downtown Detroit store for events taking place the next three weekends. As it winds down, the store also continues to fill small walk-in orders.

Wesley Berry's corporate leadership informed him it was closing some of its stores last week, without giving any reason for the closure, he said.

"It was a surprise; I didn't see it coming."

The company took all of its equipment from the Penobscot Building shop, including computers and a fax machine, last week, Baker said, and it disconnected the phone line for the store.

Signs on the Detroit store's windows let customers know the shop is operating on a cash-only basis now.

The lone Wesley Berry franchised store left, in Canton Township, was still operating last week. Its owner declined any comment.

Under the Wesley Berry Flowers name, the combined brick-and-mortar and online businesses ranked No. 1,755 on Inc.'s 2014 list of the 5,000 fastest-growing companies in the U.S., with $40.2 million in reported revenue for 2013, up from $11.9 million in 2010.

Wesley Berry Florist Inc. sold its first franchise about 30 years ago. It went on to establish 30 franchises across five states before selling most of them in the 1990s and launching an e-commerce business in 1994.

As of June 2015, Wesley Berry Flowers' Michigan operations and online business employed 100 people in Michigan and 50 at a call center in the Philippines, owner and CEO Wesley Berry II told Crain's at the time.

At that point, he said the companies were dealing with 5,000 to 6,000 customers each day, either placing orders or receiving flowers through the company from online orders. Several hundred of those orders came from other countries, Berry said, noting his companies work closely with 1-800-Flowers.com Inc. and Florists' Transworld Delivery through FTD.com.

Amid it all, consumer complaints about the service and products delivered by FlowerDeliveryExpress.com and Wesley Berry ramped up online. In May, the Better Business Bureau/Detroit and Eastern Michigan said on its website that it had revoked its accreditation due to Wesley Berry's failure to, among other things, promptly respond to all complaints forwarded to the agency and to make a good-faith effort to resolve disputes.

Berry told Crain's last year that his company makes every effort to follow up on issues and doesn't have any greater failure rate on orders than its major competitors.

FDE's growing footprint — with deliveries in 152 countries — put it into conflict and court with online florist giant Teleflora LLC, as Crain's reported last year.

FDE had been a member of the Teleflora network going back to the 1950s and used its services for order fulfillment and credit card processing. But the two began sparring over issues stemming from a large number of refunds to credit card transactions. Teleflora cut Wesley Berry from its floral network in April 2015, and lawsuits filed by each side ensued.

After Wesley Berry was dropped from the Teleflora network, it filed suit in Wayne County Circuit Court alleging that Teleflora didn't make promised technology upgrades in its point-of-sale and e-commerce systems which would have helped reduce order fulfillment issues. As a result, the lawsuit said, Wesley Berry had to design and implement its own technology "at great expense."

The lawsuit also alleged Teleflora didn't communicate chargeback issues in a timely manner to allow Wesley Berry to respond to them and that the high rate of refunds was "a direct result of Teleflora's failure to enforce its delivery requirements."

Wesley Berry dropped that lawsuit after Teleflora filed two lawsuits in California in favor of bringing counterclaims in those cases.

The remaining federal case in California in which Teleflora accused Wesley Berry of false advertising, trademark infringement and unfair competition, through, among other things, its alleged continued use of the Teleflora and Make Someone Smile trademarks, was dismissed Aug. 4 after a joint motion from the two companies. Teleflora had sought damages in excess of $20 million in the case.

Teleflora's charges were dismissed with prejudice, meaning it cannot reintroduce those claims.

Wesley Berry's counterclaims, however, were dismissed without prejudice, with the understanding they will be reasserted in an ongoing state case between the two companies.

In the state case, Teleflora is claiming breach of contract and seeking about $2 million from Wesley Berry. A January court date is set in the case.

The Clark Hill PLC attorney representing Wesley Berry in both cases did not return calls seeking comment.

Teleflora's attorneys declined to comment.

"My read is there was an agreement between these parties regarding the use of (Teleflora's) marks, and ultimately this dispute would land on breach of contract principles," said Rudy Telscher, partner and head of litigation in the St. Louis office of Troy-based Harness, Dickey & Pierce PLC.

Teleflora voluntarily dismissed its claims in the federal case in favor of the state case, which would indicate it believes its best claims are in the state case, he said.

RELATED LINKSCourt fight creates a thorn for Wesley Berry FlowersMICHIGAN MORNING NEWSLETTER

Get a roundup of important news that happens each day.

email addressSUBMIT

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at Wesley Berry Flowers. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Wesley Berry Flowers to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Walled Lake, Michigan, United States #1205694

About time they went out of business. They give local florists only 50-60% of what the customer paid. Terrible business overall and very disorganized it seems.