Style and Design
Turnaround Time

Well, I haven't felt this ripped off in a long time.

On May 10, 2016, I placed an order for a $31.99 flower arrangement - shown in a basket - on this company’s website. Regular price was $39.99, but with a sale going on, the price was reduced to $31.99.

I decided to add a balloon for an extra $4.99.

The website said that I would get "free shipping!" which I assumed meant free delivery. (What else in the world would "free shipping" mean when ordering an arrangement from a florist local to the recipient, for a local delivery?)

Since I was going to get “free shipping” (free delivery, I assumed), I ordered same-day delivery for an extra $2.99.

I assumed my order would total around $40 or thereabouts, including sales tax.

I arrived at what looked like a final screen showing the total for the order. I saw that the total was closer to $50. I saw where some additional charges were being added. But I thought, well okay. It was a bit more than I could afford, but I really wanted to get some flowers to my friend who had come out of the hospital recently after a terrible accident.

I clicked to continue placing the order. The screens took me through entering credit card info. I did not even notice the total amount before I finalized the order. I assumed it was going to be the $50 number I saw on the previous page.

But as soon as I clicked to place the order, then I saw how much the final charge was!

The grand total? $70.72! SEVENTY DOLLARS. (and 72 cents) REALLY???

I went back to examine all the charges.

$3.99 to include a card. Not a real greeting card like you would pick out at a card store. Just one of those little tiny cards that florists stick on the arrangement, so the recipient knows who sent the flowers. You know, the kind of little card that most florists just include FOR FREE.

$7.99 for “vase/service.”

What the *** is this? The arrangement was shown in a basket. The details on the arrangement didn't say "basket extra."

$8.99 for a "handling" fee.

What the *** is this? The fee to put the arrangement together, which one would assume was included? Or the fee to carry the thing across town? I thought that's what the "free shipping" was!

$9.78 sales fee.

Not sure what the local tax for Northport, AL is, but even if it was 10%, that would be only an extra $6 on top of the $60 subtotal, which is what it all came to, after all the nickel & diming.

But the total was $70.72.

Unbelievable. For a small-ish basket of flowers.

I certainly will never be using this florist again!

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue of wesley berry flowers the spirit of spring arrangement from Wesley Berry Flowers. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Wesley Berry Flowers to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was hidden fees that do not show up until end, nickel and diming method of pricing and misleading pricing. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Comments

WB is a sending only call center and not a real florist. (There are many of them out there and they all show up first on web searches.) The florist probably only received the original $31.99. Most of us won't deal with these call centers and the ones that do, follow the second choice request of: "FILL TO VALUE, SIMILAR IS OKAY!!!!!!!!" (YES, eight exclamation marks on every order.)