Duluth, Georgia

I ordered an arrangement from this company's website site on Friday, 12/28, for a funeral which I attended on 12/30. I was dismayed and embarrassed, however, by the flowers sent. The online picture from which I based my selection was a total misrepresentation of what was actually received.

Related: Wesley Berry Flowers - Thieving Flower Company

Specifically, the online "Best" picture (only representation given) showed 12, possibly 13 yellow roses. I ordered the "Better" version which contained only 5 yellow roses. I did not expect "Better" quality to be as nice as "Best", but I did expect it to be similar since the price difference between the two levels was just $12. Not only was the quantity of flowers dramatically reduced, but the overall size of the arrangement had been grossly overstated. The website shows the roses to be quite small relative to the size of the container thus giving the impression that the arrangement is substantial. In actuality, the total arrangement wasn't much larger than my husband's hand (I have pictures to prove this) -- nowhere near the size suggested by the website.

In summary, be very, very, wary when ordering from their website. The actual arrangements -- at least at the "Better" level -- are a far cry from the online representation at the "Best" level. It would have been bad enough to receive this arrangement on a happy occasion, but to have these flowers represent our family's grief at a time of stress and bereavement was doubly upsetting.

Customer service would not grant even a partial refund, but did offer a $50 credit on a future order. Given my recent experience, though, a credit would be useless to me since I will not do business with this company ever again.

Review about: Flower Arrangement.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $75
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Wesley Berry Flowers?

Comments

ML

As a florist myself, I have come across many orders from this company.I have recieved an order for this specific arrangement you ordered, and was given $30 to make the arrangement from Wesley Berry.

There is no way I can make the arrangement that they show look like that for $30. The arrangement they show is worth well over $100, and the roses alone are worth over $50. As a result, we have to try to make it look as similar as possible with the funds given. They grossly under price their arrangements, which leaves us florists in a bind, since we cannot make the arrangement that is requested without losing a lot of money ourselves.

The best advice I can give is to go to a local florist.You'll get the most for your money and will be much happier with the products you recieve.

Kathy

As a floral designer with many years experience, I must say that you are being unfair to the florist in this instance.If you go back and look at the website you will find that the dimensions of all arrangements are listed as part of the description so you can be the only one to blame if it is "smaller" than you expected.

As far as the amount of roses you were expecting, flowers are a commodity as much as tomatoes,beans,peas,etc.

Since prices flucuate with the market for commodities you can expect that flower prices will do the same so the picture is only an idea of what your arrangement will lool like.Not an exact science.

CC
to Kathy #588796

THE FLORIST LOOSE MONEY TAKING ORDERS FROM SENDING FLORISTS ONLY, WHICH IS WHERE YOU ORDERED FROM.AND WE MAKE IT TO THE SPECIFICATIONS ON THE WEB PAGE, BECAUSE THERE ARE COMPLAINTS EITHER WAY.

ALWAYS DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND ORDER DIRECTLY FROM A FLORIST IN THAT TOWN OR AREA. YOU GET BETTER SERVICE, YOU GET BETTER PRODUCT AND THEY CAN TELL YOU WHAT YOU ARE GETTING.

JUST A LITTLE ADVICE.THANKS FOR POSTING

to Kathy Dallas, Texas, United States #1036380

No, if a company shows pictures to attract customers to a particular product, then that is what they should deliver.If you cannot deliver on your promises to customers, don't make them at all.

Nobody likes to be cheated. I have had a similar experience where my husband ordered a $75 flower arrangement with roses for Valentine's Day.

The order showed up at the end of the day around 7 in the evening and had 3 crappy carnations with a little bit of greenery in a junk vase.This is obviously a common problem in the floral business than I realized.