Wesley Berry Flowers - Misrepresented Dead Flower Arrangement

Turnaround Time

Sent Dead and a totally different flower arrangement to my family members funeral saying they substitute arrangement parts when necessary. In one year of me not giving up on calling and emaiping them they later sent me an email offering a discount for another order with them.

Wesley Berry Flowers - Overpriced and not what is ordered

I sent my daughter in law flowers twice once for Mothers Day and they weren't even close to what I ordered. Second time only because I had a so called $60.00 credit and the flowers were on SALE for $19.99 and my bill was over 60.00 with that credit.

The flowers weren't even close and they were wilted. It was very embarrassing so I called to complain. They did send new ones but I would never deal with this company again.

I should have read all the negative comments before I placed the order. When I placed my first order I called them and they told me they were a family owned and operated company

Wesley Berry Flowers - Simple Review #1466383966

2.5
Turnaround Time

Arrangement that I ordered was not even close to what was delivered. My 6 yr old neice could have done a better job.

Further, I reached out to the Company and at very least wanted an acknowledgement to my email -- and nothing. This will be my first and last order.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Wesley Berry Flowers - Not a real florist!

Just some general information to help you out when choosing to order from these "sending only call centers."

WB is one of many of these call centers. All of them offer arrangements at "sale" prices that a real florist cannot create for the amount of money they receive over the wire services. In my part of the world, there are three wire services that florists can choose to participate in. Teleflora's Dove system, FTD's Mercury system and 1800flowers Bloomnet system. Real florists have to pick and choose between the orders they receive over these wire services because they pay high fees in order to be part of these services. Most orders from these call centers arrive for less money than the florists minimum to deliver, and they also have to take their delivery cost out of that total because there is none included. Basically, what you paid just for the flower arrangement is the only money sent to a real florist, no matter how many extras you paid. AND... these call centers cannot guaratee you that they can get the order accepted somewhere, much less guarantee you that it will be delivered when you ask.

When you see a bouquet advertised at a markdown to the $29.99 range, this is when a real florist will not keep the order. They would be out of business fast. Some struggling florists may choose to keep these orders, but WB always says on the order that prints, "FILL TO VALUE, SIMILAR IS OK!!!!!!!!" (Yes, that many !) It's also why WB and other sending only call centers cannot find a florist in the area where you wanted flowers delivered. It's not that there aren't any there, they just do not keep orders that would quickly put them out of business. Okay, yes, you can run to the grocery store or Walmart, Target, etc., and pick up a cheap bouquet, for less money, but these kinds of stores buy in bulk because they have many, many stores across the country and get the discounts. Florists rely on their local wholesalers, and believe me, flowers are not cheap. When a florist buys a bunch of roses for $30, they can't afford to put them in a $29.99 bouquet.

Also, when you see a picture of a bouquet online or even in one of the books offered at a real florist through Teleflora, FTD or Bloomnet, unless that book is filled with pictures that the real florists has done and advertises to its customers, then what you see in that photo is ALL of the flowers that are included in that bouquet. Most all of those arrangements come in either a 6" or 7" vase, but these online call centers will not tell you that.

Your best option is to always contact your local florist. The problem with search engines is that the first 5-6 that show up, and sometimes more, are these call centers. They advertise as local florists making you think they are right where you need them to be. WB has a location in Commerce Township, Michigan. Teleflora is in Los Angeles, California. In other words, none of them are local florists unless you happen to live in the city they are located. Scroll down the search page until you see listings that have addresses and local phone numbers, as most florists have dropped their 800 lines. Most people have cell phones these days. Also be mindful of your local yellow pages as Just Flowers and FTD advertise in mine. They also advertise on funeral home websites, Facebook, other online community sites, etc. Real florists will not be advertising everywhere you look.

Here's a short list of other sending only call centers that you can choose to use or not, but if you do use, choose carefully and always expect that the crossed out regular price of the standard bouquet is what a real florist will need in order to create that bouquet.

Sending only call centers: Just Flowers, From You Flowers, FTD, Teleflora, Wesley Berry Flowers, Kim's Florist in Irvine, CA., Blooms Today, The Sympathy Store, Avas Flowers. There are more out there to be wary of, but as with all things research is key to finding the right thing for you at the time you need it.

ALWAYS look up any business with the word complaints following it. If there is a bad rep to be found this is a sure fire way of locating it.

I've worked in the floral industry for the past 20 years and can tell you that these call centers have been a thorn in our side for years. We don't deal with most of the call centers and only keep orders we feel we can create for the money they send us. I hope this is informative enough to help everyone.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Wesley Berry Flowers - MAJOR RIP-OFF!!! COMPANY WON'T RESPOND TO E-MAILS!!!

I want to start off by saying that I don't normally complain about things but in this case, I feel it is necessary, as my mother was upset about this. We live in TN and my Grandma (my mom's mother) lived in Hollywood, FL.

Therefore, we weren't familiar with any florists in the area. After hours of internet research, we finally decided on your florist shop and flowers we thought were beautiful. We wanted something extremely nice for my Grandma. I have attached a picture of the flowers we ordered and a picture of the flowers we received.

We even ordered the "exquisite upgrade." First, in the picture, there were 12 roses and 3 pink lilies. What we received had 7 roses and 1 white lily. The background flowers looked yellow instead of white. There was no greenery around the background flowers as shown in the picture and very little greenery extending from the roses and lilies.

The whole thing was very small. The arrangement we received paled in comparison to all the flowers everyone else sent. Needless to say, we were very disappointed.

Now, you may not think this is a big deal, but we were paying tribute to a wonderful mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, & great-great-grandmother, and it was extremely important to all of us that there was something beautiful to represent our love for her. My mother and family will never trust me to order something over the internet again.

Comments

Packed pieces have a starting price in the $175 price range and that is for a 15" heart. The form its in is $40 alone and then it takes about ten bunches of flowers to pack fill it.

The more expensive the flowers used to fill in the background, the more it costs. For hearts larger than 15", they have a starting price anywhere from $299 up, again depending on the kind of flowers used as the pack fill. Whatever WB charged you for the heart was below what any real florist charges for that same item. The filling florist felt they could at least send a smaller version for the amount of money they received from WB, which was probably ONLY what you paid for the bouquet, without all those delivery fees they charged you.

That florist also had to take their delivery out of the total they received over the wire service from WB. They also include a statement on every order they send out: Fill to Value, Similar is OK!!!!!!!! Wesley Berry is one of many sending only call centers and not a real florist. As someone who has worked at a real florist for the past 20 years, I can tell you that these wire centers are the bane of the floral industry.

They advertise as local florists. WB has a location in Commerce Township, Michigan and no others that I'm aware of. One hint to help you choose in a google search is to scroll down the page. Almost every one of the first 5-6 listings are these call centers.

They charge you too many extras that the real florist never receives.

Also, most real florists have websites and will not have every item on their site on sale. Hope this helps.

WESLEY BERRY FLOWERS.......SCAMMERS

I sent a funeral bouquet, using a local florist, to a friend. I then needed to send a second funeral bouquet to an out of town friend.

I looked up florists and saw the 800 number for Wesley Berry Florists. Called it. Looked at photos of flower arrangements and found the one I had just sent to my friend. I ordered that $49 arrangement.

THEN I WAS TOLD THAT THE VASE WAS AN ADDITIONAL $87. The vase was a 4" cube of clear class which one can buy at a local craft store for $4. I told the asian lady that I had just paid only $49 for the same arrangement AND THE VASE. I also told her that in Amer.

the vase comes with the pictured arrangement. I hung up. SCAM.

SCAM. SCAM.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Arrangement.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Wesley Berry Flowers - 3 days late on mother's day with upgrade and the flowers were trashed

1.5

These guys promised delivery on the Saturday before Sunday Mother's day in 2016. Upgraded the flowers and added candy to the order bring the total up to $90.00.

Assortment showed up Monday evening (it was a local delivery), flowers were in very poor shape, no water in vase and no contact they were going to be late or damaged like they were. Never again, these guys need to be put out of business.

Never again!!!

This site is asking for a 100 words in order to post so the rest of this is not meanful and you can stop reading anytime.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Arrangement.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Quality, Delivery and quality.

Wesley Berry Flowers - Mothers day flower arrangement Dead flowers, dried out sad looking

Turnaround Time

My son and daughter in law sent me an arrangement for Mothers day ! Got home from work today and the arrangement was sitting on the porch !

flowers dead dried out broken ! very, very, do not think they should have to pay for such poor quality in flowers and arrangement. sad looking arrangement ! called your company, was to be put on hold and forgotten because I don't want a stinking credit !

this woman could hardly speak English ! I can not believe you people are still in business especially with the customer service you provide !

in case you are interested the order number was, 90161499 her e-mail address is carrieshaw1@aol.com.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Arrangement.

Reason of review: Poor customer service and quality.

I didn't like: Do not use if you expect service, I would not do business, Did not fulfil order, Employees attitude.

Wesley Berry Flowers Arrangement Review from Suisun, California

Suisun,California

I received flowers today. Label said 12 pink roses with vase.

What I got was a box with a few wilted cheap flowers and no vase. This is sad. I don't know who sent these to me because there was no information included. I don't want to call my family and friends to find out for fear of hurting their feelings.

I'm sure that 12 pink roses and base was not cheap.

What I got looks like scraps taken off the floor at a florist. This is a scam.

Comments

Just to be clear, the wilted flowers were not roses as they were supposed to be. There was 1 snap dragon, 2 Flocks, 2 daisies, what looks like straw flower, and a bunch of leaves. All wilted and discolored.

WESLEY BERRY FLOWERS IN MICHIGAN - WORST EVER! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM OR YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!!

I ordered a $70 flower arrangement for my mother for Mother's Day and also paid an extra $25 for an "exquisite upgrade". My complete order was $125, including delivery.

I was totally embarrassed when my mother sent me a picture of the flowers. They were horrible, not what I ordered, half of the flowers looked dead and the others were just buds. What a rip off and a joke! When I called to complaint, I got two foreign speaking people who did not nothing but connect me to a customer advocate line that no one answers.

I will NEVER order from them again. If you don't want to be embarrassed but the flowers that they actually delivery, spare yourself some time and find another florist!

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Arrangement.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Proof quality, Horrible customer service.