Wesley Berry Flowers - Worst Experience with Business Ever

Houghton, Michigan

I searched online for a local flower business in Denver, NC. Wesley Berry Flowers comes up and they advertised themselves as from there.

I continue filling out the form to order a birthday bouquet for my mom and before you know it, a $34.99 bouquet becomes $51.75! I looked at the fees that were added and decided that I figured they would charge and arm and a leg for the vase, card, etc. and decided to send it. After I agreed to send it, the bill all of a sudden has over $40 more dollars added to it, to make it a $95.55 bouquet!

I wanted to deal with a local flower shop because I didn't want to pay for astronomical fees for a middle man. Wesley Berry Flowers was both deceptive and unethical in adding a charge after a credit card number was put in and secret charges added on. On top of that, they put me on hold, transferred me, put me on hold again, tried to talk me out of the cancellation and hung up on me 15 times!

When I asked to talk to a supervisor, the same thing happened. I e-mailed several times as well and wanted to cancel before it got delivered, but they were unreachable all day!

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Bouquet.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: How they treat customers, Run arround.

Wesley Berry Flowers - Didn't get what ordered. Completely a cheaper arrangement. Didn't get next day service that I paid for...rip off!

Durand, Illinois
Featured Not resolved

Photo on left what we got!!! Right is what was ordered!

Nothing alike. Cheap basket sent...no roses. Pine cones? Didn't see those on what was ordered.

I even paid 10$ extra for deluxe arrangement. Paid for next day delivery...that didn't happen either! This is a total rip off! What was sent was cheap cheap cheap nothing what was expected.

Poor quality I am not sure how long the flowers will live! What can be done to stop this flower company getting away with no response!

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Bouquet.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Advertised vs delivered, Zero customer service none.

Bentonville, Arkansas, United States #1123917

Order from a real florist instead of a notorious order collector that simply passes your order on to a local florist minus about 40% of the money you paid. Pick up the phone and call a local florist and make sure they are LOCAL!

Wesley Berry Flowers - The worst customer service I have ever encountered

I recently ordered a sympathy planter for a friend in SC.. I live in WA state.

I took the time to call them in SC because I wanted to deal with a company local to where I was going to have them sent. When I got my recite.. I was overcharged with hidden fees and charges to the point I was shocked..$4.99 for an enclosure card, $6.99 for same day service (which they advertise as part of their service) $19.99 for delivery..$4.99 for handling ( thought that is what the delivery fee was for) a sales fee of $17.11, whatever that is (does NC have a 30% sales tax?). I attempted to call to ask about it… I have left 4 messages and spent 2 days… all I get is disconnected or sent to customer service where I get disconnected..

Will NEVER use them again.

in 40 years of sending flowers, I have never had such terrible service.

Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #1073816

I had terrible service with this florist. I thought I was dealing with a local florist only to find out that they were the middle man.

The flowers did not arrive in time for the funeral that the order was for and I did not get the arrangement I asked for. A lesson learned.

I am disputing the cost with my credit card company. Beware of this florist!

Wesley Berry Flowers - Simple Review #1448933494

I found them on web and paid for 4 hour express delivery which didn't happen. I paid for premium roses and upgraded to exquisite rose bouquet and a "card" total $125.

I got 8 puny red roses and two sprigs of baby's breath and the card was printed on paper with the printer ink running out!

I tried to call and they hung up on me twice!

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Bouquet.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Wesley Berry Flowers - Flowers sent to good friends and wrong arrangement was sent

Grimsby, Ontario
3.8

On November 12th I ordered the Lucky in Love Bouquet to be sent to

my good friends Ab and Gill Leon for their anniversary and upon

receipt of the flowers they called to thank me and they were describing

the flowers and I asked them to send me a picture and it was a totally

different arrangement than I had asked for. I tried to call several times

to your customer service and finally when I reached one he said he

would transfer me onto to someone else and I waited and waited but

no one came. I again tried to call back and got the message machine.

I even wrote something on e-mail but to no avail. Please have someone

call me to get this problem addressed. I am not impressed with your

service. 905-632-4919 Barbara Araham

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Bouquet.

Reason of review: totally different arrangement received than.

I liked: Girl who took order seemed ok.

I didn't like: Wrong flowers delivered and, No customer satisfaction.

• Flowers Online

Wesley Berry Flowers - PISSSEDDDDD CUSTOMER (FALSE ADVERTISEMENT)

DO NOT ORDER FROM WESLEY BERRY FLOWER SHOP. DO NOT ORDER FROM WESLEY BERRY FLOWER SHOP.

I ORDER AN ARRANGEMENT FOR SAME DAY DELIVERY AND THEY DELIEVRED THEM THE NEXT DAY WITH A *** ARRANGEMENT. THE PICTURES ON THEIR WEBSITE ARE NOT WHAT THEY'LL DELIVER (FALSE ADVERTISEMENT) I SPEND $120 DOLLARS FOR A CRAPPY ARRANGEMENT!! I WANTED REFUND AND THEY WONT GIVE ME BACK MY $120 BACK. THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT BECAUSE WITHOUT US YOU WOULDNT HAVE A BUSINESS.

YOU GUYS FAILED TO DELIVER ON THE SAME DAY I ORDERED AND I PAID EXTRA MONEY FOR THAT SAME DAY DELIVERY. I ALSO PAID EXTRA MONEY TO MAKE MY ROSES PREMIUM AND THEY WERE NOT PREMIUM.

IF I WERE TO READ CUSTOMERS REVIEW FIRST I WOULD HAVE NOT ORDER FROM THIS SHOP. SO PEOPLE WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT ORDER FROM WESLEY BERRY FLOWERS, THIS SHOP IS A JOKE AND SHOULDNT BE IN BUSINESS!

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Bouquet.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Zero customer service none, Service sucks.

Wesley Berry Flowers - NEVER EVER USE WESLEY BERRY

Turnaround Time

i googled a local florist in Greenville, SC..Wesley Berry come up and I checked out their site..I found a bouquet i liked for 27.99 with a $5 next day extra charge. I actually called their number to order because I couldn't get the web site to work.

First clue. I talked to "Mia" and she took all my info and was recapping my order when she told me it would be $57. I questioned how could that be and she went down a list of extra charges..I told her the web site was misleading and please cancel my order..She told me that it was canceled but for some reason I had a bad feeling and I checked my account to see if i was charged and I wasn't....until the next day when the sent them. they were not even what i ordered and were 5hrs late..

I called customer service and explained the above story to "Trevon" and she gave me a processing no and told me i would receive a phone call within 24 to 48 hours from "tech support" Never received that call.. she also said they would come by and pick the flowers back up..WTF..DO NOT EVER USE THESE CROOKS!!!

Comments

WBF is a sending only call center. They have a location in Commerce Township, Michigan.

They under price their arrangements and then tack on all sorts of fees at the end of the transaction, including a cost for the vase.

Once they get your money, they send the order out for the original cost of the bouquet to a real florist in the area where you want them delivered, with very little delivery added, and with a note attached that SIMILAR TO VALUE IS OK!!!!!!!! (Yes, with that many exclamation marks.) Most reputable florists won't deal with them or will do an arrangement that is to the value of the money they received from WBF.

Wesley Berry Flowers - This is a sham company staffed by *** clowns

Did you know these bums just advertise high up on google, and take a % of the order cost away from your local florist? Not only that, but they suck at what crappy business they're supposed to do.

Took this worthless guy more than 15 minutes to place an order. He lost my information the first time so made me repeat everything.

Misunderstood who the flowers were from -- not "john" but "beth" -- not even close. They had the zip code, but subsequently called and left a message saying no delivery options were available that day in the area, so they just canceled the whole thing.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Bouquet.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Resolved: Wesley Berry Flowers - Surprise Charges

Resolved
1.8

Update by user Nov 19, 2015

A representative from the company called me back to discuss my email and they refunded us $15 and gave us $150 in company credits. The person who received the flowers loved them.

Original review posted by user Nov 18, 2015

I was somehow brought onto the Wesley Berry page after clicking on the site for a local florist. I went ahead with a very reasonably priced bouquet to send to a client who is a cancer survivor.

As the charges kept getting added on I decided they were ok; a few bucks for a vase-ok, a few bucks for delivery-ok, a few bucks for a card?- sure whatever.. and then as I click ok to buy it this big window pops up advertising "free delivery with a purchase of $59.99" and I'm thinking "ok, I'm pretty sure my order is about that now, but I'll just say no and keep going forward" as I go on to process the order that magically went from $29.99 to sixty something.

I click to exit the screen and ok to buy and all of a sudden it says that the order was successfully placed and now there's a new total breakdown on the opposite side of the screen showing that my total is now $82.98 FOR A $29.99 bouquet??????? How the *** did this happen?

I called the "customer service" number to try and cancel it right away and THREE TIMES I get transferred to a different department where no one ever answers. I waited on hold for 8 minutes and then it asks me to leave a quick message with my number and then that's it.

After my second phone call I then get a confirmation email for the purchase. I am so angry! I replied to 3 different emails as well saying I no longer wanted the product and I got yet another confirmation email following that. What the *** kind of company is this?

Why has a simple daisy bouquet cost $82.98 and why were the charges so high AFTER I submitted the order????!

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Bouquet.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Poor web design, On hold for forever, Extremely poor service, No option to cancel or modify order.

Comments

WBF is a sending only call center and is only one of many. Some of them actually advertise in local yellow pages.

WB wires your order to a florist in the area where you need them delivered, but... most real florists will not deal with call centers, especially this one. They price their arrangement well below what any florist will deliver them for, and never add on all that extra delivery they've charged you. For example, we received an order from them earlier today for a total of $37 to be delivered tomorrow to a house that is 15 miles from our shop.

It was also for something specific and in a pumpkin container. First, this was below our minimum order amount to deliver, and secondly we are out of stock on pumpkin containers. So... I refused the order stating as much.

Five minutes later the same order came across the wire with the following.

Order amount $40 total. Similar and to value is OK!!!!!!!! That statement is attached to every order they send out. Florists know that the customer wouldn't be happy with anything other than what they ordered, but because the orders say similar, they take the chance on sending out something similar.

The florist also has to take their delivery cost off the total of that order. So, seeing as most charge a $10 delivery, they are left with $30 for the arrangement.

There are a lot of these sending only call centers out there.

Best advice is to always search them with the word complaints following their name. Or, if when you get through on the phone, you hear "thank you for calling your local florist", they most likely are a sending only call center.

jac2015
to Anonymous #1066884

Wow! Interesting.

I wasn't aware of that process at all.

It's unfortunate because both times I stumbled upon the website it was while looking for local flower shops in the first place. Thank you for the information and advice.

to jac2015 #1068556

You're quite welcome. Here are some of the other sending only call centers out there:

Just Flowers, From You Flowers, Florists.com, Blooms Today, Kim's Florist, Ranch Florist, Americana Florist.

There are more out there. Wesley Berry has a real location in Commerce Township, Michigan, but unless you live there, they are no way a local florist.

the $150 credit is a scam. They offered me the same.

I asked what's the catch. You cannot use it all at once...it's for your next 3 different orders.

Don't do it and get sucked in again. Hope your friend received a nice flower arrangement and not a dinky little bunch of sad looking flowers.

jac2015
to Anonymous #1066474

Thanks very much for your input. It sounds like the client really liked their bouquet so it was all somewhat worth it. Hopefully your issue with them got resolved.

View more comments

Wesley Berry Flowers - They took my money

Turnaround Time

I ordered flowers for my mother the flowers I thought I was buying was for $39.99 at the plus a 19.99 delivery fee and fast shipping and handling and a card and balloon long story short at the end of my transaction . I end up paying $107.11 on my receipt is stated my flowers were $74.99 stop process my order because the flowers were so beautiful however when my mother received the flowers he sent me a picture of them the flowers were way different than the flowers that I originally picked so I tried to reach out to customer service they kept trying to sell me flowers contacted customer service again to file a complaint kept getting hung up on no one would answer my question so I called the flower shop that actually delivered the flowers and will advise the lady was nice enough to even send me a picture of the order that was called in basically they called in a $40 order the FLORIST advised me that she had to take the delivery fee out of the $40 not to mention I was charged $100.00 for delivery fee on their website I'm contacting my bank as well those people should be put out of business

Product or Service Mentioned: Wesley Berry Flowers Bouquet.

Reason of review: ripped off.

I didn't like: Everythi, Hidden fees, Lack of quality, Awful customer service, Never picked up the phone.

Comments

Same thing happened to me! I ordered an "upgraded elite" arrangement as a gift and paid $121.00.

The arrangement arrived and my sister sent me a photo... I said I Did Not Order that for you!!! I contacted the the local flower shop who received the order and was advised they only received $31.99 to fulfill the order!!! This SCAM company....Wesley Berry Flowers pocketed the balance of my $$$$.

I tried several times to call and speak to someone, but was put on hold and then disconnected!!!!!Thank god for PayPal....a complaint was filed and I received my full refund within 10 days...and my sister enjoyed her free flowers as well! .......